Congressional Acts of Insurrection
When does the act of resistance turn into insurrection? I have heard nobody in politics, the media or even the general public ask that question. After more than 4 years of seeing, hearing and watching the insanity of Congress towards President Trump from the time he became the projected president-elect in the 2016 election and on January 20th, 2017 when he was inaugurated as the 45th President of the United States it has been an all-out orchestrated attack upon his presidency.
Members of Congress have boycotted his inauguration, his State of the Union Addresses and have both verbally and in writing mocked and refused to acknowledge the authority vested in the President by the Constitution of the United States. Certain members of Congress have contacted Trump cabinet officials telling them not to obey his orders.
Former administration officials have traveled internationally as private citizens conspiring with foreign officials and governments telling them that Trump won’t be president for very long and advising them how to circumvent US foreign policy issues coming from a Trump administration.
Prior to the 2017 inauguration of President Trump government officials from the Obama administration had been preparing a series of events that would tank and derail Trump’s administration. These events were the Russian Collusion delusion, then an impeachment over Ukraine and pressure on VP Pence to bring up the 25th Amendment and declare Trump mentally unfit to execute the duties of the President.
After the election irregularities of the 2020 election which was contested by President Trump throughout all the constitutional steps taken it came down to the actual counting of Electoral College ballots on January 6th, 2021 when a preplanned and purely staged “insurrection” of the US Capital was blamed on and grounds for a second impeachment just days prior to the inauguration of President Biden.
In an unprecedented action even for Congress the impeachment and trial phase were both voted to be constitutional, after private citizen Donald Trump left office.
What Members of Congress failed to realize is that they cannot determine something to be constitutional or unconstitutional by voting. Unless they have legally changed the Constitution their actions remain unconstitutional.
The only body authorized to interpret the Constitution is the Judicial Branch i.e. the Supreme Court of the United States.
I began asking what exactly is insurrection as there are many definitions I looked at these two:
n. The act or an instance of open revolt against civil authority or a constituted government.
n. A rising up; uprising.
n. The act of rising against civil authority or governmental restraint; specifically, the armed resistance of a number of persons to the power of the state; incipient or limited rebellion.
Then I found the legal definition of Insurrection here:
A rising or rebellion of citizens against their government, usually manifested by acts of violence.
Under federal law, it is a crime to incite, assist, or engage in such conduct against the United States.
West’s Encyclopedia of American Law, edition 2. Copyright 2008 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
- A rebellion of citizens or subjects of a country against its government.
- The Constitution of the United States, art. 1, s. 8. gives power to congress ” to provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the Union, suppress insurrections, and repel invasions.”
- By the act of Congress of the 28th of February, 1795, 1 Story’s L. U. S. 389, it is provided: Sec. 1. That whenever the United States shall be invaded, or be in imminent danger of invasion, from any foreign nation or Indian tribe, it shall be lawful for the president of the United States to call forth such number, of the militia of the state, or states, most convenient to the place of danger, or scene of action, as he may judge necessary to repel such invasion, and to issue his orders, for that purpose, to such officer or officers of the militia as be shall think proper. And in case of an insurrection in any state, against the government thereof, it shall be lawful for the president of the United States, on application of the legislature of such state, or of the executive, (when the legislature cannot be convened,) to call forth such number of the militia of any other state or states, as may be applied for, as he may judge sufficient to suppress such insurrection.
- That, whenever the laws of the United States shall be opposed, or the execution thereof obstructed, in any state, by combinations too powerful to be suppressed by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings, or by the powers vested in the marshals by this act, it shall be lawful for the president of the United States to call forth the militia of such state, or of any other state or states, as may be necessary to suppress such combinations, and to cause the laws to be duly executed; and the use of militia so to be called forth may be continued, if necessary, until the expiration of thirty days after the commencement of the then next session of congress.
- 3. That whenever it may be necessary, in the judgment of the president, to use the military force hereby directed to be called forth, the president shall forthwith, by proclamation, command such insurgents to disperse, and retire peaceably to their respective abodes, within a limited time.
A Law Dictionary, Adapted to the Constitution and Laws of the United States. By John Bouvier. Published 1856.
What I gather from reading the legal definition of insurrection is that as the President is the “head” of the government, i.e. leader of the free world and one of the separate but equal branches of government it is ludicrous that he be blamed for inciting an insurrection of the government he already heads, and particularly on the day when the results of the Electoral College electorates would be announced to the world and the election process officially ended on January 6th.
As I have written previously the “hordes” of insurrectionists were actually a number of Antifa members who were escorted into the Capital building and given instructions by Capital Police where to assemble prior to MAGA rally folks completing the 45 minute walk and being invited inside by the same Capital Police. Purely this was an inside job in a premeditated attempt to discredit and blame President Trump for the events that occurred.
Still a further act of insurrection came 5 days after President Trump left office when House Democrats introduced a partisan bill to strip former Donald Trump of his rights and privileges of being a former President and stop him from running for the presidency in a future election.
Is there not a Congressional Ethics Oversight Committee or a Special Investigator appointed to launch into an investigation of these Congressional criminals? – I am the Real Truckmaster!
One thought on “Congressional Acts of Insurrection”
Good read, and good points. For 8 years my wife and I were worried about our country, and what Obama was up to behind the curtain. Now, we are scared.