I have to admit that sometimes I get caught up in the moment. There will always be causes, whether it is people, places or things. Something will grab our attention or push our buttons and off we go……. Let me share something important – It’s not about me, nor is it about you.
We are born to die and for many of us we CHOOSE to leave the world in worse shape when we leave. We act as if we’re an island that cannot be touched by anyone else, and that is wrong. We were created by the God of the universe for HIS pleasure. In fact we are his treasure, his creation and whether we live or die, we do so at his will.
I hate to tell you this but you are not the master of your world, your own little universe and no, the world does not revolve around you. Our human nature is to survive at the expense of everyone and everything around us. We are deceitful. We lie about everything. We make excuses and blame others when things go wrong which is most of the time. We are quick to find fault in others and to exploit it for our own gain.
The bible tells us that ALL HAVE SINNED, and that my friend means you have sinned and I have sinned. We know that there are consequences for everything we do, good or bad. The bible tells us that the wages of sin is death, the short and not so sweet of it. That is how we are born, but not how we were intended to live.
The bible has given us ten things to do or not to do. They are not suggestions, but are commandments from the God who created everything by speaking it into existence.
Maybe it’s time to take a new look at them? Remember it’s not about what you or I think about them, it’s entirely about what God has said in Exodus 20:2-17 and Deuteronomy 5:6-21.
- I am the Lord your God who has taken you out of the land of Egypt. You shall have no other gods but me.
- You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
- You shall remember the Sabbath and keep it holy.
- Honor your mother and father.
- You shall not murder.
- You shall not commit adultery.
- You shall not steal.
- You shall not bear false witness.
- You shall not covet anything that belongs to your neighbor.
We humans tend to rationalize our actions based on the actions of others. Our society today has blatantly ignored virtually each one of these LAWS.
- Do we have other things that we do as a substitute for God?
- Do we actually take the name of the Lord in vain? Really?
- Do we remember the Sabbath and decide to keep it holy?
- Do we really, really honor our mother and father? Do we go out of our way to respect them as our parents?
- We don’t really murder do we? With our tongue? By our actions? By our thoughts?
- We don’t really commit adultery do we? Grass is greener over there?
- We don’t steal, you know take things because we want them so bad? We got to have it?
- We don’t bear false witness against our neighbor? Who IS our neighbor? Certainly not HIM?
- We don’t covet our neighbors “stuff”? Keeping up with the Jones? New car, house, TV, shoes?
As you can see our society has been the only thing that has evolved over time. We have gone from one man and one woman in the actual Garden of Eden with everything they ever needed and wanted – A God who loved them, provided for their every need, walked and talked with them daily.
We have gone to the fast food, got to have it mentality, newer, faster, better and as for God, what god? We tend to think of ourselves as the ones who are in control, of what?
Remember back when you were poor? You wore hand-me-downs? I was the eldest of four boys and I wore hand-me-downs from some other family. We had old shoes or no shoes at all? Our toys were from the vegetable garden, carrots, potatoes or radishes? We were so poor we had to eat our toys after using them (Just kidding, but see what I mean)?
We were so poor that it took someone else to tell us we were poor, yet we were happy kids and we were family.
Today there is so much negativity out there. Much ado about nothing if you ask me, and every time someone makes the headlines it’s because someone else is jealous and wants to see their name in headlines or on the news. It’s a bonus when they are featured on the latest gossip talk shows and asked the “right” questions to bring out the “proper” responses.
It is time that we get back to the point where one man or one woman determines in their heart, mind and soul to Love God with all their being. Love others as they love themselves. Strive to make this world we live in a better place.
It’s been said that our live are in the dash,
Date born – Date Died.
What does your DASH say about the world around YOU? – The Real Truckmaster