Well where to begin?
God is Great (All the Time).
Jesus is my Lord.
Trump is my President.
In case I haven’t offended you yet, stick around.
(Sorry Hollywood, you guys will just have to wait your turn).
For those liberal ostriches’ that foam at the mouth every time the president tweets, guess what your liberal politicians have been doing in the name of “Save the Dreamers”.
Maybe we should start off with the “BLUE STATES” of California and New York. In 2017 we began seeing “sanctuary cities” and “sanctuary states” where governors have decreed and the state legislatures have agreed not to obey federal laws or cooperate with the federal “Trump” government’s crackdown on unlawful and illegal immigration without proper documentation.
We are led to believe that these “Dreamers” have the right to reside in this country, receive work authorization and/or full welfare state benefits to include housing and medical, simply because they were brought here by their “parents”?
Oh before I forget, under an unlawful and illegal executive order (DACA) by an undocumented president in 2012, as if that makes it right?
While this is debated beyond belief, California has initiated a plan to capitalize on the new corporate tax credit of the Trump administrations Tax Reform Plan, and require corporations in California to give 50% (thus far) of their savings to the state treasury? Somebody obviously didn’t think that thru did they? What will begin happening (if not already) are corporations will relocate their entire operations in places like Wyoming or Montana.
Also happening to the sleeping citizens of California are the legislature proposing to pass a bill, when signed by the governor “gerrymandering” Brown that will effective close mom and pop eateries, as well as restaurants across the state because waiters and waitresses will be jailed for 6 months/fined $1,000 and/or fired because they “asked a customer if they wanted a plastic straw”? This is viewed as unsolicited offering of plastic?
California has joined the unhinged legislative states like Colorado, Oregon and others by making legal recreational marijuana even though it’s a federal crime.
“Blue New York City” has decided to become a “sanctuary city” and prevent federal law enforcement from deporting any of their undocumented citizens?
Stepping into the mix is “Blue Washington” the state, where the governor has issued a decree that stops state agencies from revealing the birth nation of wanted illegal aliens.
All the while in the halls of congress the liberal left politicians are DEMANDING from the president that “dreamers” be protected, while forgetting that THEY WRITE THE BILLS and the president either signs it into law or vetoes it and they can turn that veto around in accordance with their constitutional powers?
Does anybody have any common sense?
It seems to me that many of our politicians were hard charging legal professionals prior to their entry into politics. Once they are elected, and “welcomed” into the halls of congress, they are encouraged to check their brains into their locker or sit quietly and watch the real adults (Sorry but there seem to be no real adults in the room).
Well step aside as a real adult announced a solution on Immigration on 25 January 2018 (And so you don’t get my slanted version of it – here it is from the White House website.)
White House Framework on Immigration Reform & Border Security
Issued on: January 25, 2018
BORDER SECURITY: Securing the Southern and Northern border of the United States takes a combination of physical infrastructure, technology, personnel, resources, authorities, and the ability to close legal loopholes that are exploited by smugglers, traffickers, cartels, criminals and terrorists.
- The Department of Homeland Security must have the tools to deter illegal immigration; the ability to remove individuals who illegally enter the United States; and the vital authorities necessary to protect national security.
- These measures below are the minimum tools necessary to mitigate the rapidly growing surge of illegal immigration.
- $25 billion trust fund for the border wall system, ports of entry/exit, and northern border improvements and enhancements.
- Close crippling personnel deficiencies by appropriating additional funds to hire new DHS personnel, ICE attorneys, immigration judges, prosecutors and other law enforcement professionals.
- Hiring and pay reforms to ensure the recruitment and retention of critically-needed personnel.
- Deter illegal entry by ending dangerous statutorily-imposed catch-and-release and by closing legal loopholes that have eroded our ability to secure the immigration system and protect public safety.
- Ensure the detention and removal of criminal aliens, gang members, violent offenders, and aggravated felons.
- Ensure the prompt removal of illegal border-crossers regardless of country of origin.
- Deter visa overstays with efficient removal.
- Ensure synthetic drugs (fentanyl) are prevented from entering the country.
- Institute immigration court reforms to improve efficiency and prevent fraud and abuse.
DACA LEGALIZATION: Provide legal status for DACA recipients and other DACA-eligible illegal immigrants, adjusting the time-frame to encompass a total population of approximately 1.8 million individuals.
- 10-12 year path to citizenship, with requirements for work, education and good moral character.
- Clear eligibility requirements to mitigate fraud.
- Status is subject to revocation for criminal conduct or public safety and national security concerns, public charge, fraud, etc.
PROTECT THE NUCLEAR FAMILY: Protect the nuclear family by emphasizing close familial relationships.
- Promote nuclear family migration by limiting family sponsorships to spouses and minor children only (for both Citizens and LPRs), ending extended-family chain migration.
- Apply these changes prospectively, not retroactively, by processing the “backlog.”
ELIMINATE LOTTERY AND REPURPOSE VISAS: The Visa Lottery selects individuals at random to come to the United States without consideration of skills, merit or public safety.
- This program is riddled with fraud and abuse and does not serve the national interest.
- Eliminate lottery and reallocate the visas to reduce the family-based “backlog” and high-skilled employment “backlog.”
For all you naysayers out there unless you have a solution to make this country safer, more secure and deal with immigration reform so that migrants wishing to come here can do so properly, you might want to loosen your bun a notch or two, put your thinking cap on and above all TURN OFF THE FAKE NEWS (airwaves, internet or print matter) and ink out a proper course of action.
I love this quote from John Wayne, “Life is hard, but even harder if you’re STUPID!” (Emphasis mine) – I am the Real Truckmaster!