Stop the Presses and Hold the Wireless
There was a time in America when common sense mattered. Men were men, women were women and the saying “boys will be boys” really meant that, and little Sally played with dolls. Those were the good old days.
At some point society changed while America was asleep at the wheel (so to speak). Was it after the invention of the television, or the record player? Maybe it was the digital audio tape? Oh it might have been when the movie screen began showing full length color movies? Or was it the publication of Playboy Magazine? Oh what secrets that revealed, no that was Victoria! It seems like overnight that America lost its innocence and the world turned upside down.
American history became a watered-down version of someone’s perception of what actually happened and facts no longer matter. World geography did not keep up with the rapidly changing and realignment of national borders. Tribes of people were no longer relevant and everyone wanted everyone else to go back to where they came from. That would be quite a feat since Iran won’t let visitors to Mount Ararat.
God’s Word had it right all along with this in Proverbs 26:4 (NLT) “Don’t answer the foolish arguments of fools, or you will become as foolish as they are.”
The all American version was spoken by Mark Twain when he said, “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.” And “Don’t argue with stupid people, for they will drag you down and beat you with experience.”
I guess there are those on the left who never got those memos, or if they did were unable to decipher their true meaning? And for all you Mensa Society members – Don’t get your hopes up either and for the rest of the world there is always Densa!
To see if you qualify take this open book test.
- Do they have a 4th of July in England? (Yes/No)
- How many birthdays does the average man have?
- Some months have 31 days; some months have 30. How many have 28 days?
- How many outs are there in an inning?
- Is it legal for a man in California to marry his widow’s sister? (Yes/No)
- Divide 30 by 1/2 and add 10, what is the answer?
- If there are 3 apples and you take away 2, how many do you have?
- A doctor gives you three pills telling you to take one every half an hour. How many minutes will the pills last?
- A farmer has 17 sheep, and all but 9 die. How many are left?
- How many animals of each sex did Moses take on the ark?
- A clerk in the butcher shop is 5′ 10″ tall. What does he weigh?
- How many two cent stamps are there in a dozen?
- A plane crashes on the Canadian – US border. In which country you bury the survivors?
- What is the least amount of coins it takes to make 55 cents if one of the coins is a quarter?
Don’t worry if you think you scored poorly on this short test, taking this test is how my friend Bubba had his accident! – I am the Real Truckmaster!