Political Posturing on Immigration
America is tired of the extreme bias, contempt and hatred being stirred up due to inaccurate and misleading reports on the Trump administrations enforcement of current immigration laws and other matters. One must distance oneself from the issues and examine each one individually and with logical thinking in order to identify problem areas and formulate solutions to the complex issue of immigration.
As of today what we see in the news is not always what it is reported to be. Turn on the news or go online to follow “breaking news” feeds will show one of two main sides to the current immigration story, “the children being separated from their families by Donald Trump” or “Congress can fix immigration”. So let me weigh in on this subject.
The Legislative Branch (Congress) is responsible for creating and passing in both the House and the Senate bills to be sent to the president.
The Executive Branch (President) is responsible for signing bills from Congress into law.
- Anyone who gains unlawful entry into the U.S. is an illegal alien
- Apprehended aliens who gained unlawful entry into the U.S. are prosecuted
- Aliens who unlawfully enter the U.S. are prosecuted
- Minor alien children brought by parents unlawfully into the U.S. are not prosecuted, but held until reunited with their parents
- Alien parents are brought before the federal immigration judge without their children to be sentenced
- Aliens and family members with valid pleas are admitted
- Aliens and family members without valid pleas are deported to their home country
The message sent by the Trump Administration is clear, “Don’t come into the U.S. unlawfully, violators will be prosecuted”.
All the hype (and it is just that) about Trump’s policy places and holds children in prison camps while their parents are prosecuted and deported are not true, simply misleading the American people and the world.
Democrat members of Congress, former presidents and their family members have spoken out publicly against the Trump Administration’s enforcement of current immigration law. They are playing on the emotions of a naïve public in an attempt to prevent enforcement of immigration laws.
There are individuals who are trained in the law, obtain their license to practice law in the U.S. who are currently violating the law by entering Mexico with the INTENT and PURPOSE of instructing immigrants on how to interact with immigration judges in order to gain entry into the U.S.
This entire situation can and must be remedied by the U.S. Congress. No amount of trash talking President Trump or his administration changes that.
On several occasions televised meetings have shown the president encouraging members of congress to do Comprehensive Immigration Reform, Secure our Southern Border and Strengthen Enforcement Measures, and to FIX DACA.
What has congress done about those issues to date?
So put blame where blame is due and credit where credit is due.
When people from any nation cross through any other nation with the specific INTENT of unlawful entry into the U.S. it is the duty of the government of the United States to insure lawful entry is allowed and unlawful entry is prevented.
Immigration and Asylum they are two different entities. Immigration is the lawful entry into the United States of foreign nationals. Asylum is the fleeing of refugees from their homeland in the face of persecution, false imprisonment and/or death. Those seeking to immigrate into the U.S. must follow established guidelines and procedures.
To apply for admission
- The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services by going online here https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/green-card-processes-procedures or
- The U.S. State Department online here https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process.html or
- Visit a nearby U.S. Embassy or Consulate
It is up to the American people without regard to political persuasion to ignore the hype (smoke and mirrors) to see not only the problems inherent with current immigration policies and to contact their members of congress and insist solutions be sought, considered and adopted so this “circus performance” ceases. – I am the Real Truckmaster!