Draining the Swamp – Opening a Can of Worms
“I will Make Our Government Honest Again — believe me. But first, I’m going to have to #DrainTheSwamp in DC.”
8:33 AM – 18 Oct 2016 from Colorado Springs, CO
I seriously doubt that President Trump knew the depth of the corruption in government when he made his #DrainTheSwamp statement at a Rally in Colorado Springs 2 years ago, but then again, maybe he did? After all up until he threw his hat in the ring and began campaigning for the presidency he had been “hob knobbing” inside the “inner circle” of the wheelers and dealers of Washington politics. Trump even had his own key to the locker room.
Today we are seeing the effects of the #DrainTheSwamp mentality as the swamp creatures have flooded the consciousness of America in such a way that is impossible to ignore.
We have seen a culture of corruption where high school athletes on a goodwill tour to China cast a shadow over America when they are caught brazenly stealing jewelry and sunglasses from multiple shops in China. Trump intervenes and returns the offenders home. Rather than a sincere “Thank You”, the boys say they were forced to say “Thank You” or get expelled. The media led swamp irrupts angrily at the president.
We have also seen a president who campaigned on securing our national border with a physical wall, and ending an unconstitutional executive order (DACA). The media led swamp irrupts angrily at the president.
We have seen entertainers and professional athletes conduct themselves disrespectfully toward the nation, our national symbols and because the president expresses his displeasure over their behavior the media led swamp irrupts angrily at the president.
We have seen (it continues today) attempts by sitting legislators, aided by leaders in law enforcement and intelligence to take down a duly elected sitting president and openly broadcast in the main stream media led swamp irrupts angrily at the president.
The Trump Administration’s agenda has changed the face of America’s foreign policy, and the internal focus to an America First, rather than the globalization of a One World Order which has slowly been creeping into and accepted by our society over the past 60 + years.
Our allies and enemies alike understand that America no longer apologizes or cowers down. The U.S. is standing strong against the enemies of the free world. These world leaders see a president who tells them up front what is unacceptable and must change in order to insure fair trade with America.
On the home front more American jobs have been generated; more factories and corporations are choosing to build here; the lower tax rates are helping American families and border security is happening day by day.
What is also happening is that THE SWAMP IS DRAINING and the once secure political parties are falling apart. Lifetime politicians are being replaced by “new blood” patriotic Americans who are standing up and challenging the self-serving politicians of old.
Gone is yesterday’s Democrat Party of slave owners and of the KKK where minority politicians control minority voters in modern day enslavement with free stuff (food, housing, education, and medical) until even the ability for independent thinking has all but been eliminated.
The “rules” of the game have changed and the Democrat Party “leaders” have now become the faces of the swamp with a party of open resistance, disrespect, lawlessness and the “Chicago gangland-style” intimidation, fear and murder have become the order of the day. Political correctness is being seen for what it really is – power and control over entire segments of our society.
According to the official White House website, the Trump Administration has listed the following accomplishments:
- Almost 4 million jobs created since election.
- More Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in our history.
- We have created more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs since my election.
- Manufacturing jobs growing at the fastest rate in more than THREE DECADES.
- Economic growth last quarter hit 4.2 percent.
- New unemployment claims recently hit a 49-year low.
- Median household income has hit highest level ever recorded.
- African-American unemployment has recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
- Hispanic-American unemployment is at the lowest rate ever recorded.
- Asian-American unemployment recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
- Women’s unemployment recently reached the lowest rate in 65 years.
- Youth unemployment has recently hit the lowest rate in nearly half a century.
- Lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma.
- Under my Administration, veterans’ unemployment recently reached its lowest rate in nearly 20 years.
- Almost 3.9 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps since the election.
- The Pledge to America’s Workers has resulted in employers committing to train more than 4 million Americans. We are committed to VOCATIONAL education.
- 95 percent of U.S. manufacturers are optimistic about the future—the highest ever.
- Retail sales surged last month, up another 6 percent over last year.
- Signed the biggest package of tax cuts and reforms in history. After tax cuts, over $300 billion poured back in to the U.S. in the first quarter alone.
- As a result of our tax bill, small businesses will have the lowest top marginal tax rate in more than 80 years.
- Helped win U.S. bid for the 2028 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.
- Helped win U.S.-Mexico-Canada’s united bid for 2026 World Cup.
- Opened ANWR and approved Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines.
- Record number of regulations eliminated.
- Enacted regulatory relief for community banks and credit unions.
- Obamacare individual mandate penalty GONE.
- My Administration is providing more affordable healthcare options for Americans through association health plans and short-term duration plans.
- Last month, the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history. And thanks to our efforts, many drug companies are freezing or reversing planned price increases.
- We reformed the Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs—saving seniors hundreds of millions of dollars this year alone.
- Signed Right-To-Try legislation.
- Secured $6 billion in NEW funding to fight the opioid epidemic.
- We have reduced high-dose opioid prescriptions by 16 percent during my first year in office.
- Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.
- Increased our coal exports by 60 percent; U.S. oil production recently reached all-time high.
- United States is a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957.
- Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord.
- Cancelled the illegal, anti-coal, so-called Clean Power Plan.
- Secured record $700 billion in military funding; $716 billion next year.
- NATO allies are spending $69 billion more on defense since 2016.
- Process has begun to make the Space Force the 6th branch of the Armed Forces.
- Confirmed more circuit court judges than any other new administration.
- Confirmed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh.
- Withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal.
- Moved U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.
- Protecting Americans from terrorists with the Travel Ban, upheld by Supreme Court.
- Issued Executive Order to keep open Guantanamo Bay.
- Concluded a historic U.S.-Mexico Trade Deal to replace NAFTA. And negotiations with Canada are underway as we speak.
- Reached a breakthrough agreement with the E.U. to increase U.S. exports.
- Imposed tariffs on foreign steel and aluminum to protect our national security.
- Imposed tariffs on China in response to China’s forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their chronically abusive trade practices.
- Net exports are on track to increase by $59 billion this year.
- Improved vetting and screening for refugees, and switched focus to overseas resettlement.
- We have begun BUILDING THE WALL. Republicans want STRONG BORDERS and NO CRIME. Democrats want OPEN BORDERS which equals MASSIVE CRIME.
What we are seeing with #DrainTheSwamp has been a really big can of worms. – I am the Real Truckmaster!