On Hillary Clinton Accomplishments
In a recent discussion with my Democrat friend who said that Hillary has done more good things for America than Donald Trump, so I challenged him to list Hillary Clinton’s accomplishments. He didn’t directly answer my challenge but said a Google search showed her accomplishments, so I went to Google to see for myself.
I stand corrected. Hillary Clinton has many accomplishments and although some of the websites list her as the one whom singlehandedly passed a number of bills in congress as a NY Senator. Aside from that I wanted to present and give credit where credit is due.
Hillary Clinton was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois.
- In 1965 she went to Wellesby College where she graduated with honors in political science.
- She graduated in 1973 from Yale Law School where she got her Juris Doctor.
- It was at Yale where she met and started dating Bill Clinton.
- Hillary Clinton’s political activity can be traced back to Yale where she served on the Board of Editors of the Yale Review of Law and Social Action.
- While at Yale she met and did her senior thesis on Saul Alinsky.
After graduation in 1973 she became a staff attorney at the Children’s Defense Fund and became a consultant for the Carnegie Council on Children. In 1974 she joined the impeachment inquiry staff of the Judiciary Committee of the House of Representatives during the Watergate scandal.
Bill and Hillary became the Clintons after marrying in 1975.
As the First Lady of Arkansas 1979 – 1990
- Hillary joined the law faculty of the University of Arkansas.
- Their daughter Chelsea was born in 1980.
- Hillary founded the Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families.
- She served on the board of the Arkansas Children’s Hospital.
- She started the Home Instruction Program for Preschool Youth.
- Hillary was named Arkansas’ Woman of the Year in 1983
- She was named Arkansas’ Young Mother of the Year in 1984.
- She was named among the top 100 lawyers by the National Law Journal twice (1988 & 1991).
As FLOTUS 1991 – 1999
Hillary played a critical role in the passage of
- The State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) and
- The Adoption and Safe Families Act.
- Hillary pushed her failed initiative known as Clinton Health Care which laid the foundation for the Affordable Care Act.
- In 2000 she became the first former First Lady to run for elected office and win in the state of New York.
- Hillary endorsed bill to extend period of unemployment assistance to victims of 9/11
- She endorsed bill to pay for city projects in response to 9/11.
- She endorsed bill to assist land mine victims in other countries.
- She endorsed bill to assist family caregivers in accessing affordable respite care.
- She endorsed bill to designate part of the National Forest System in Puerto Rico as protected in the Wilderness Preservation System.
- She passed resolutions to name courthouses after Thurgood Marshall and James L. Watson.
- She passed resolutions to name post offices after John A. O’Shea and Sergeant Riayan A. Tejeda.
- She voted to designate 7 August 2003 as the National Purple Heart Recognition Day and swore to support its goals and ideals.
- She swore to support the goals and ideals of the Better Hearing and Speech Month.
- She passed resolutions to establish the Kate Mullany National Historic Site.
- She passed resolution to establish the 225th Anniversary of the American Revolution Commemorative Program.
- She passed resolution to recognize the Ellis Island Medal of Honor.
- She passed resolution to honor the respective lives and achievements of late Alexander Hamilton, Shirley Chisholm, John J. Downing, Brian Fahey and Harry Ford.
- She announced running for the DNC nominee for the 2008 Presidential elections.
- Lost to Barack Obama but was nominated to become Secretary of State.
As Secretary of State 2009 – 2013
- In 2009 Hillary Clinton became the first former First Lady to become Secretary of State in the Obama Administration.
- Hillary played a crucial role in improving ties with Russia by providing them with a “Reset Button”.
- Her last-minute intervention led to the signing of the historic Turkish-Armenian accord.
- She went into damage control in the aftermath of Cablegate, where diplomatic analysis from world leaders and the assessment of the leaders of host countries by US diplomats were made public by WikiLeaks.
- Hillary visited Myanmar (Burma) laying the foundation for re-engagement of the Southeast Asian country. First time a high level American diplomat visited the country since 1955.
- In 2012 she played a crucial role in negotiating a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas with the help of Egypt.
- Hillary hand-picked Chris Stevens to be Ambassador in Benghazi, Libya. During the 9/11 attack on the Embassy Annex, she failed to aid and protect the embassy staff resulting in the deaths of 4 Americans (including Ambassador Stevens) at the hands of terrorists.
- She played an important role in tightening sanctions on Iran. (Cash to Iran?)
- Hillary operated and maintained a private email server whereby she transmitted classified documents to unauthorized parties, damaging National Security and violating established protocols.
- She was the most travelled Secretary of State visiting 112 countries.
The 2015 – 16 Clinton presidential campaign
- The Clinton campaign manipulated media coverage data.
- Received in advance debate questions and answers.
- Renamed mid-American republicans as “a basket of deplorables” for not voting for her.
- Shutting out Bernie Sanders to secure the DNC nomination.
After the 2016 Presidential election
- Hillary Clinton has led the charge of the Democrat Party’s resistance movement against President Donald Trump.
- She is traveling around the world on what appears as a “pity me” tour wondering “What Happened” (as the name of her book), unable to figure out how she lost the election
So for the past 34 years in the public limelight and making herself known on her quest for the highest office in the land, the presidency Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton knows politics and political action or activation and how it works to bring people together and how it divides entire societies.
I find it incredulous that she as SOS did not know about safeguarding national security and classified documents. “Losing” 34,000 emails by deleting them (her or her staff) does not make it as if they never were, and WikiLeaks was quick in letting the world know.
Nor did Hillary as SOS while putting forth the Obama administration’s foreign policy consider the legality of it. Hillary played an instrumental role in the delivery of US currency to Iran, Arms to ISIS in Syria, and Uranium One to Russia, giving the impression of collusion on many levels. Her failure during the Benghazi incident was a major black eye for the State Department and the Obama administration of which there is no excuse. Cleaning up after Cablegate should have made Hillary keenly aware of the pitfalls of failing to properly treat secret documents as they pertain to national security.
I agree that Hillary has done more to this country than President Donald Trump and she had been at it quite a bit longer. First as a Republican “Goldwater Girl”, then as a full-fledged Democrat activist Hillary has certainly made a name for herself. And according to the first one to beat her at her own game, Obama called her “The Most Qualified” for the job of president.
From Benghazi to Uranium One what I see is a woman who has still not come to terms with her run to the White House. It’s been reported that as First Lady of Arkansas Hillary was quick to cuss out her security detail and fire anyone who got in her way. The same was true as FLOTUS, she had little respect or time for others and nobody spoke out of turn around her. Hillary could say “you’re fired” faster than Donald Trump to her staff when they disappointed her.
Hillary Clinton was responsible for increasing security or closing down the embassy in Libya when requested by Ambassador Stevens at the embassy annex. Once it was under attack, the SOS should have insured that help was sent.
Hillary was directly responsible as was Barack Obama.
Orders to stand down didn’t just appear out of thin air and general officers relieved of command for attempting to deploy US forces to the aid of the embassy was not an accident either.
To put forth or allow a fake news story about a video, arrest the creator of that alleged video and during congressional hearings to say in part, “At this point what difference does it make now?” is like pouring water on a grease fire.
Every military trainee is taught that you don’t abandon your comrades. You don’t leave anybody behind.
Something to think about, the US Embassy in Libya had been attacked earlier. Ambassador Stevens had been appointed to Libya and the embassy staff occupied the embassy annex in Benghazi. Tension in the area was high, other embassies had been closed and even the Red Cross had left Libya. What purpose could it serve to keep the annex open? When attack began requests for help were ignored and rapid response was repeatedly told to stand down. Responsibility rested ultimately with POTUS and with the SOS.
It has been almost 5 ½ years and still being covered up.
When the Obama security team gathered in the war room and watched the take down of Bin Laden it is so inconceivable for them to not know about and attempt to rescue our people in Benghazi. (There were live feeds from unarmed drones overhead)!
Many American’s either don’t know or don’t care, but how can American patriotic Veterans stand up and defend Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton or Barack (Barry) Hussain Obama for the harm they have ultimately done to this country? They definitely knew better!
Accountability and justice are what is needed. – I am the Real Truckmaster!